Organisations within the third sector face an increasing amount of regulation and increased commercial pressure in the current difficult economic environment.
Dealing with this alongside the everyday compliance with accounting guidelines and taxation legislation can be time consuming and frustrating.
In addition to our extensive range of professional services available to all clients, we are able to provide the specific guidance and services that charity trustees and professionals need, including;
- Advice on compliance with the Charities Act 2006 and SORP 2005
- Carrying out statutory audits and independent examinations
- VAT and Tax compliance and planning advice, including trading issues
- Registration and advice on organisation structure
- Guidance on best practice for governance and trusteeship
- Strategic planning, grant applications and risk assessments
Here at Locke Williams Associates, we are able to draw upon the considerable experience gained through our past and present work with or charity clients. We currently act for charities who are involved in a wide range of activities, including
- the promotion of the Arts and Culture
- Environmental issues
- Child and Family Welfare
- Promotion of and education through Sports
- the provision of both Nursery and mainstream Education. At this present time we are providing our services to a wide range of independent schools throughout the country.
We have experience in dealing with a variety of charitable organisations, whether they be large or small, operated as unincorporated or through Charitable Companies and either as stand-alone charities or as groups and with trading subsidiaries.
For more information on our accounting, audit, tax and advisory services to charities, schools and other not for profit organisations, please contact David today.